WOCAN at the Third International Conference on Financing for Development (FfD)
Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 9:00pm to Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 9:00pm
Meena Bilgi, WOCAN Core Associate, will attend the Third International Conference on Financing for Development (FfD) which will take place on 13-16 July 2015, in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The conference will gather high-level political representatives, including Heads of State and Government, and Ministers of Finance, Foreign Affairs and Development Cooperation, as well as all relevant institutional stakeholders, non-governmental organizations and business sector entities.
The Conference will result in an intergovernmentally negotiated and agreed outcome, which should constitute an important contribution to and support the implementation of the post-2015 development agenda.
The scope of the Conference is set out in General Assembly resolutions 68/204 and 68/279, and will focus on:
- assessing the progress made in the implementation of the Monterrey Consensus and the Doha Declaration and identifying obstacles and constraints encountered in the achievement of the goals and objectives agreed therein, as well as actions and initiatives to overcome these constraints;
- addressing new and emerging issues, including in the context of the recent multilateral efforts to promote international development cooperation;
- the current evolving development cooperation landscape;
- the interrelationship of all sources of development finance;
- the synergies between financing objectives across the three dimensions of sustainable development; and
- the need to support the United Nations development agenda beyond 2015;
- reinvigorating and strengthening the financing for development follow-up process.
More detail: http://www.un.org/esa/ffd/ffd3/index.html